Saturday, December 23, 2006

Cringley wants a Prius in Every Garage?

Robert X. Cringely is one of my most respected tech writers. I have been reading his stuff any been amazed at his brilliance for years. I just couldn't agree with this article. So I posted my response to his article on his Blog. Read the article then my response below.

I said: "This is probably the first article I have seen you do Bob, which I think you are really way off this time. There is no solid proof that humans cause global warming, only group think and conjecture. No one monitors the Sun, which is believed to be the root cause of this normal cyclic temp change on earth. We have lived only a very small portion of earths lifetime. Also, some scientists say that oil is constantly produced deep in the earth through convection, not created from dinosaurs. I am all for the tax breaks, but breaks to those who work for a living. Give tax breaks to tax payers who choose to install fiber lines. Companies would stand up to get all that business when consumers demand it. Please no more piggyback taxes on the phone bills or cable TV bills. If gas won't last forever, lets use it all up until we really need to create an alternative, then economics will create opportunities and alternatives. Also , I don't want a Prius put put car. I want a large "dangerous" SUV that can pull a load or tow a trailer, or cut through snow a foot deep. Your computer tech stuff is brilliant, this one was wacko. ;-) If the US government would cut taxes, I mean real cuts, not cuts in increase proposals, real cuts say 50% of our tax burden, the money spent by us on tech would skyrocket. The market would determine that fiber gets installed, due to demand, companies go where the money is."