Saturday, September 02, 2006

Secret Personal Information!

I have noticed the television and sports personalities all seem to be doing one major thing. I must admit that I must join them in this endeavor. It is clearly about time to give each and everyone of you the whole truth. Yes, many are revitalizing their careers, wealth, and relationships, by admitting to something that is almost too intimate and personal to announce. However today these truths are embraced, sometimes even reveled in the highest corner of that which accolades can reward.
I must now unveil that truth, in a sort of coming out if you will. I am, and have been since birth a HETEROSEXUAL. It has been a large struggle for me, but somehow I have endured! Failed relationships, personal connections, and simply feeling out of place in the ladies bathroom, even though it was intriguing to walk in and hear screams of indignation.
I now hope and pray that you don't judge me harshly. That you find it in your heart to forgive me, that you allow me to indulge my deep personal feelings for the opposite sex. Matter of fact, my wife of 14 years may have been the only person who knew for sure.
No brokeback mountain for me. I am straight, and now you know that fact published here within these words. I proudly post the official meaning of the word from Wikipedia:

Heterosexual at Wikipedia

The term "heterosexual" was coined shortly after and opposite to the word "homosexual" by Karl Maria Kertbeny in 1868 and was first published in 1869. [2] "Heterosexual" was first listed in Merriam-Webster's New International Dictionary as a medical term for "morbid sexual passion for one of the opposite sex", but in 1934 in their Second Edition Unabridged it is a "manifestation of sexual passion for one of the opposite sex; normal sexuality". (Katz, 1995)

Heterosexuality, like any forms of identity is very subjective. In western society, one is generally thought of as heterosexual if one derives either all, or the vast majority of their erotic and/or sexual stimulation from people of the different sex to them.

Definitions of sexuality tend to be narrower to most heterosexuals than it is to people of other sexual orientations. In most cases a potential partner's sex is determined wholly by anatomic sex at birth and genetic sex. Many heterosexuals would argue that one whose determination of a partner's sex deviates from that criterion cannot truly be heterosexual. Transgendered people and even those with many natural intersex conditions are very rarely seen as potential mates by heterosexuals, even those who consider themselves tolerant and accepting to such identities.



Oprah and the Tonite Show, here I come!