Friday, May 11, 2007

Skillpath Seminars - Great Deal!

Just completed a 2 day "Mastering Photoshop Seminar", and I have to tell you, it was fantastic! The location was Baltimore Maryland, at the St Paul Conference Center, with on site parking and a nice layer of security, marble entrance ways and nice people/greeters!

I have been using Photoshop since version 5.5, and CS3 was just released, some 4 versions and 6 or more years later. I am quite comfortable with Photoshop, but I found that there are always plenty of new things to learn. Among them, the under workings of Photoshop itself, how it applies filters (mathematically using curves), many shortcut keys, new uses for the Background Eraser, how to select using different color channels, and much more. The instructor, Todd Wolfe, was fantastic, funny, well spoken, clear and knowledgeable. Well worth the price of admission. Selecting colors using separate channels was enough for me. If you have an opportunity, I suggest you take one of their courses to see for yourself. There are opportunities to practice on a PC during the seminar.