Wednesday, August 08, 2007

China Threatens US Dollar

I hate to say I told you so, well actually I kind of enjoy it... I have been against allowing the Chinese to have most favored nation status for years. This terms equates to, simply, noting that everything is made in China and US dollars going abroad to Chinese workers and factories (thus the Chinese government). The Chinese have called their trump card and threatened the US politically and financially, by saying it could force the dollar to crash if it releases the stockpiles of US treasury notes and finances invested in our treasury system. This amounts to about 1.33 Trillion in reserves. Our new enemy, who we thought was a friend, has shown us our folly in placing too much trust in economic might, where we should have placed it into military might.

Is it just me (I doubt it) but the world sure seems against the US at every turn. But if there are troubles abroad, who gets pinged on first for help?