Thursday, April 17, 2008

Apple Mail - Crappy - Definite BUG

Check this out, some smart person on the Apple website found my email problem. Seems that when he takes his website address out of the tag line area, his mail sends ok. So I tried it and it worked for me. Obvious bug, and another example of Apple problems. If Microsoft had this issue, the media would pound them, and someone would want to sue.



Re: Suddenly cannot send email through any SMTP server
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 11:07 PM

Hi,

Hope I'm not side-tracking people here but I've discovered a link between e-mails not sending and having my website address in my signature.

After reseting my POP accounts, if I include my website address in my signature (which is hosted by the same SMPTE server that I receive my mail through) then the e-mail won't send. It looks like it has been sent but it doesn't get through.

As soon as I remover the website address from the signature, the e-mails get through. Even if I slightly misspell the address, it will get through. But as soon as I put the web address back in the signature, anywhere in the signature, the mails don't get through..... very strange!

Mac Book Pro 15" Mac OS X (10.4.8)