Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Hollywood Flunky Copy Cats = Paramount!

It just came to my attention that Hollywood, namely Paramount Pictures, has decided to remake Footloose. This is the classic movie that stars Kevin Bacon as a city slicker who moves to a small town, to face a sad fact that dancing is illegal. He fights to legalize the dancing, and tries to convince civic leaders why they should side with him. This was a great feel good movie. I left the theater wanted to dance (that says alot for me who has 2 left feet). So Paramount decides to remake the old movie, with new characters and similar if not exact same old story. I ask why? Can't Paramount come up with any new material? Why remake old movies into new movies? I know it is dollars, but this strategy won't last for long. Why not just take the old original movie and re-release it, saving production time and schedules. They could digitize the old movie, clean it up, and re-release it. Just seems silly to me to redo everything. Come on Hollywood come up with some original ideas. You could remake Wizard of OZ (yet again) and use the great special effects from George Lucas.

New Footloose

Old Footloose