Saturday, June 10, 2017

Adam West - Batman TV Star - Dies at 88

This is some very sad news, that Adam West, famed Batman TV star passed away at 88.  As a very young child, I watched the TV series after school, and it made a huge impression on me.  Batman from the 1960s TV show, became my role model, hero, and friend.  To this day I am a Batman nut, in large part due to the early tears when I would enjoy the campy show.  Unknown to me at the time, it was all tongue in cheek, comedy, but as a kid, you take it seriously, and it formed my moral compass of right and wrong.  All for the best, of course, I never looked up to the villains, always Batman.  Robin would get on my nerves, he was always getting them captured.  But I imagined, though I wanted to be Batman, I knew I was Robin.  Superhero in training.  Together the show was original, and fun.  Thanks to all the starts who made it possible, and thanks to Adam West for his unique take on the character that set the stage for all Batman entertainment & literature to come.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40235142

See Adam West's Homepage.

http://adamwest.com