Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Batman Begins In Theaters

I recently saw Batman Begins and to my pleasant surprise the story was fantastic! Bruce Wayne was a very complex and interesting character for once in a Batman movie. The acting was top notch, and the effects were good. I was not impressed with the shaky camera fight scenes, where I found it hard to see anything. I also didn't like the MTV style camera quick takes and cinematography, but for the most part it didn't take from the story. The movie deals with many flashbacks and memory recalls, which I could have done without. Start telling the story from the beginning, and give us the whole chronological view, instead of going back and forth trying to confuse the viewer. The flashbacks didn't add anything special from what I could see. This movie #5 from the Batman Quintilogy is, however, one of the better attempts to tell the Batman story. An obvious sequel will be in the works, in an attempt to bring back Joker. This major review is one of the first I read, and turns out to be pretty close to my own take on the film.