Tuesday, October 02, 2007

New iMac NOT all that Stellar!

I converted from PC to Mac several years ago. Used to be a System Admin working IT in government. I decided to convert based on a challenge by a pal. 30 days later I was hooked. But this new iMac, the shiny silver unit with a black border, seems less polished (even though the aluminum allows for more actual polishing). The keyboard left me shaking my head. The flat keys are not comfortable, and the letters were not placed in the same place on each key. Unlike my current keyboard, where the letters are placed on the lower left corner of each key. They seemed to attempt to center the letter on each key, but some were off center. Doesn't look like a professional product to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the iMac. I prefer an all in one computer, regardless of maker. My current Intel iMac is fantastic, and looks so much better than this "new" iMac. It just seems like a better appliance, and fits better into the family room or kitchen.

Apple is too concerned about catering to environmental wackos, who insist it be made of materials that are recyclable. Shame that Apple has decided to create something to appease, versus something that inspires.