Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ford F-150 Test Drive

Hey there gang, I recently posted some information about the new 2009 Ford F-150. It has been a long time since I owned a Ford, so I decided to go take a test drive of a new 2008 F-150. Wow, what a difference since I owned my 2000 Ford, which I really liked. The new 2008 is fantastic. It was one of the most comfortable vehicles I have driven in a long time. The seats were very supportive and comfy. The FX4 4x4 that I drove had a sunroof, small back bench seat, and a backup camera. I thought the backup camera was very cool. I sat there a moment thinking, "just how to turn it on". Duh, you simply put the vehicle in reverse. The stereo was a 6 disc in dash CD changer, which sounded great. There was an input jack for MP3 player, but that was on top of the dash. I like the new console and floor shifter. Really gave me a car driving experience, but in a truck package. Very tall bed for hauling, 4x4 for snow and off road, and very nice seats. Loved just about everything about the truck. Now I just have to find a way to sell mine and at least break even. Any takers?

Want to know more? Check out this Ford Website called The Truth About Trucks. It goes over some of the positive design points of the new F-150. They also do a comparison against the Toyota and Chevy trucks. Quite funny and eye opening.

Right now I own a Dodge Ram, love it, but the smooth ride of the F-150 outdoes my 2007 Ram. I consider them both new, but the Ram just can not compare this time around.