Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mac - For Power Users

I just ran my Mac through an unbelievable test. I downloaded 225 large files without a hitch. I queued up just around 225 files, and Safari (the Mac web browser) downloaded them smoothly, and quickly! I used to queue files on Windows XP, but after the first 50 things would get unstable. I was just shocked at the ability of my iMac to download, and to add to that, I was watching a DVD and checking Mail at the same time. It never slowed or burped. I felt as if I could have done many more things if I wanted to. I have just been so very pleased at the performance of Mac OS X. Along those lines, this OS is clearly for the novice as well as the Power User. You can do almost anything and pressure the OS as much as you want. You can also get Xcode which is the de-facto standard compiler for programming on your Mac. Take a chance if you are a PC user, take the challenge I was offered! Purchase and test the mac for 30 days. Do everything on it, switch for 30 days, and you will NOT go back to Windows.