Tuesday, January 02, 2007

WalMart To Promote Energy Saving Bulbs!

According to the New York Times, my favorite American Success Story, the awesome American Company WalMart, will take initiative (without government regulation) to propel energy saving bulbs throughout the USA this year. This ambitious resolution for 2007 will be aided by lower prices and a marketing effort to suggest to consumers to use the more energy efficient bulbs. I have been waiting for this kind of thing, since the bulbs are so expensive, it removes the cost savings on the electric bill. But not anymore, look for a price drop on something that is great for consumers. If I can save money, both by buying a high efficient bulb at a low price, and save electricity costs on my bill, I am all for it. Maybe they could sell them in bulk, perhaps an energy savings pack of 10 bulbs (for the price of 3), so I can replace all the light bulbs in my home (versus buying them separately). Thanks again to Walmart, no matter how they plan to do it!